Almost all the companies that make steel dish racks claim their products to be rustproof. However, many of these racks will eventually lose their shine to rust. That’s because most of them are built from low-quality steel with cheap plastic coating to cut costs. So they are more prone to rust and don’t last long.
With thousands of available products, it’s quite easy to spend big on the wrong choice and then regret later. So knowing what you are buying is very important. In this article, we’ll review and compare what we think are the best rustproof dish drying racks in the market.
If you worry about rust but want to have that metal shine in your kitchen, you may want to consider aluminum racks. Aluminum never rusts, so these racks are completely rustproof. And no other company can make stylish aluminum racks as OXO does.
OXO‘s goal is pretty simple, to “make every day better”; they’re constantly improving in terms of functionality, utility, and design. All of their products have a touch of elegance, which enhances the overall user experience. The OXO Good Grips Rustproof Aluminum Dish Rack is no different, it has everything you’d expect in a modern kitchen appliance. It’s a great option if you want a rack that’s rustproof and long-lasting as well as modern and stylish!
- The rack measures 17.3 x 14.3 inches. It’s perfect for standard 24 inches or larger countertops.
- It weighs only 3.8 pounds. That’s because aluminum is lighter than steel since it is less dense.
- Its open design allows for large items or stacking.
- The rack features unique plate holders that hold plates and bowls upright, which enables faster dripping and drying.
- It has a removable and adjustable drainer tray, which can be rotated for draining from the short or long side of the dish rack.
- The divided utensil cup can be removed to make space for large pans and dishware.
- Its raised ridges elevate items away from water for quick and efficient drying.
- The rack also has non-slip feet that provide stability on all kinds of surfaces.
- The rack comes with a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
- Stylish, unconventional Design.
- unique plate holders.
- Adjustable drainer spout.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Relatively smaller than other racks.
- The plate holder slots aren’t removable, so cleaning can be a slight hassle.
If functionality and convenience of use are among your top priorities, then the PremiumRacks Professional Dish Rack might be the best pick for you. This multi-functional rack from OXO is made of high-quality stainless steel. It has an extremely customizable and flexible design that allows users to store different sets of utensils.
Instead of jamming the kitchen counter, the rack’s intelligently designed to use vertical space. This way, it can store more kitchenwares while taking up less area on the countertop. The steel used is strong and corrosion-free and provides very good support and stability even when the rack is carrying full weight.
- The rack measures 17.5 x 13.9 x 6 inches and weighs 4.41 Pounds.
- It’s made of high-quality SUS304 stainless steel. SUS304 is a military-grade steel alloy; it’s durable and completely rustproof.
- The rack’s highly customizable. It comes with two different style drainboards, a microfiber mat, three separate cup holder attachments & a cutting board attachment that can be placed at your choosing.
- The plate rack is positioned high above on a separate row, which leaves the bottom layer free for pans and bowls.
- It comes with side drainboards that can be attached under the glass holders. This collects dripped water from glasswares to keep the counter fully dry.
- The rack’s built to be strong and sturdy. It can hold a lot of weight despite being 2-tiered.
- Modular construction.
- Strong base for stability.
- Fully customizable.
- Large storage space.
- Takes up less space on the counter.
- No additional cup clips.
- Assembling and customizing may be a bit difficult.
This Convertible rack is made with plastic and rustproof stainless steel. Its versatile design makes it a good fit for any modern kitchen. You can fold the plate holder rack to make room for bowls and other utensils. Each of the sides is equipped with a utensil holder and several glass holders, which can hold a lot of glassware and cutlery. Besides, the sidewalls, legs, and spout can be folded for compact storage.
- The rack measures 19.4″ x 12.5″ x 3.9″ when fully closed. When opened, it measures approximately 19.4″ x 15.5″ x 5.1″.
- It weighs approximately 5 pounds.
- It’s made from BPA-free plastic and stainless steel.
- It has a water spout on one side to drip directly into the sink.
- The rack’s plate holder rack can be folded to make room for cookware. Thus, it can accommodate even the biggest pots and bowls.
- The tines hold cups, mugs, or wine glasses inside the rack to prevent dripping on the counter.
- The divided utensil holders are capable of storing a huge number of silverware. Moreover, it can be removed to free space.
- Unique design.
- High-end build quality.
- Convertible for hassle-free storage.
- Keeps the counter fully dry.
- The drain spout doesn’t work properly at times and drips on the counter.
This classy looking rack is from Joseph Joseph, a company renowned for its simple yet functional designs. The rack is made of rustproof stainless steel and plastic. Its half-split body can be extended to make room when necessary, or you can keep it contracted if you aren’t using it and have limited cabinet space.
One portion of the split body is generously equipped with holder racks, where you can put all your dishes, cups, and mugs. The other half, when expanded, makes space for your pans and pots. The draining spout has three different positions so that it can be moved to the sides depending on your counter setup. All the metallic parts have been made to be non-scratching, so it won’t damage the counter or delicate dishware.
- It measures 14″ x 12″ when retracted. When expanded, it’s length can increase up to 20″.
- It weighs approximately 4.8 pounds.
- The extendable body can make room for larger cookware.
- The rack sports a large number of holder racks, which can hold a lot of dishware and glassware.
- The adjustable draining spout can be moved to the sides according to your needs.
- It has a movable cutlery holder, which can be removed or moved to free up space when you need it.
- Simple yet stylish.
- Easy to store and use.
- Raised ribs to ensure water doesn’t drip outside.
- Multiple drain positions.
- Spikes don’t hold larger cups well.
- Doesn’t have color options.
Next up is another expandable dish rack, this one’s from Sabatier. This rack has a space saver design that features an expandable drainboard; it can expand to increase the rack’s capacity. Its expandable design is great for drying large stock pots, glasses, bulky bowls, large platters, etc. And its compact footprint doesn’t take up counter space when you don’t want it to!
The rack is manufactured from high-grade stainless steel, so you can expect it to last a few good years without rusting. Though the expandable rack from Joseph Joseph (the one we reviewed earlier) is a cheaper option than this, this one’s surely better looking. Besides, it has a higher storage capacity than most other countertop racks.
- The rack measures 18.5 x 13.1 inches. It weighs approximately 4.74 pounds.
- It’s made from rustproof SUS304 stainless steel. The wireframes are also vinyl-coated to prevent damage.
- It features 8 slots for plates, 1 extra wide slot for a frying pan, 6 cup tines, 4 wine glass holders, and a removable flatware caddy.
- The drainboard can expand from 18.5 to 29.4 inches, making it a good choice for storing large pans and dishes.
- The drainboard also features a bi-directional spout for draining water into the sink from both sides.
- The pull-out drip catcher will keep the counter dry and drip-free.
- Its soft, non-slip feet will keep the dish rack in place and protect countertops from scratches.
- The drainboard is dishwasher-safe, but other components require hand-washing.
- Classy design.
- Large capacity.
- Keeps everything organized.
- Underwhelming customer service.
Last but not the least, is the 2-tier dish rack from NEX. We sought to include at least one rustproof rack from each distinct category of dish racks. And this one is our choice if you’re looking for an over-the-sink rack. One of the best over the sink dish racks out there, it has a very simple and effective design that will complement any type of kitchen.
Made out of 304 stainless steel, this massive unit has a large number of slots, racks, etc. to store all your dishes without hassle. It’s sturdy and stable design can hold as much as 40 pounds of weight. And Its adjustable length allows it to fit perfectly even on larger sinks.
- The rack measures 36.5 x 11.5 x 31 inches. Its length can be increased from 36.5 inches to 39 inches.
- It weighs approximately 10 pounds.
- It’s crafted out of premium 304 Stainless Steel. This prevents your dish rack from rust and provides long-lasting durability.
- It can store various sizes of utensils, dishes, pots, chopping boards, etc. It can also hold up to 35 plates and bowls.
- The rack has a multifunctional cutting board rack and compartment trays. The flat design of the bottom tier can accommodate various tableware like saucers, cups, bowls, and others.
- 6 movable steel hooks can hold your spoons and spatulas. The chopstick holder has a drain tray underneath that prevents water droplets from reaching the countertop.
- The pipes of the four legs are very stout; it’s very stable and can hold a good amount of weight.
- Adjustable length.
- Easy to assemble.
- Large capacity.
- 1-year warranty.
- Underwhelming customer service.
- A few customers reported that it bent/broke in the middle.
To create this list, we basically pulled racks from all other categories and ranked them in terms of durability and rust resistance. We hope you found a good match for your kitchen or at least understood what you need to find. If you didn’t, we suggest you check out this list of hand-picked racks dish racks in 2020.
Please share if you like our post, and subscribe to our newsletter for daily kicthen tales and how-tos.