A folding dish rack can help save a lot of space while being very functional, and today we bring the best folding dish rack out there. In a kitchen, space-saving is the most important thing. Because the more space you have to work with, the more functional it is and the more work you can get done, thus saving time. And, as drying and storing dishes is very important for the longevity of the kitchen, you’d definitely look for something very good to work with. But having a very big one can be problematic for utilizing space as well as needs a lot of extra care and attention. Thus, a folding dish rack is all you need. and today we bring the best folding dish rack available; Folding Bamboo Dish Drying Rack – Wooden Kitchen Dish Rack Plate Holder Compact & Collapsible Drainer by BambÃ¼si
â€œSimple but significantâ€ that’s the correct way to describe this beauty. A folding dish rack can do you a lot of favor, from saving space to using it in multiple ways, it is all you need. But, it comes with its share of jeopardies. Most folding racks are made of typical metals, thus there involves a lot of hassle. From the chances of it not being dishwasher safe and not BPA free. To the risk of rusting and corrosion because of the rusting tendency of metals which is detrimental for the rack as well as the dishes and utensils.
Thus, the Folding Bamboo Dish Drying Rack – Wooden Kitchen Dish Rack Plate Holder Compact & Collapsible Drainer by BambÃ¼si Is one of the best folding dish racks, it is made out of naturally grown bamboo. But their researchers did take a great deal of time and effort to ensure the product is both safe and strong. It’s a very selected, rare breed of bamboo which is stronger than the common wood. Which makes it very sturdy. With space to have almost 14 average sized plates, and a section below it to take care of the kitchen utensils, cups, smaller plates cutlery, etc. With all the products of a similar category, it is one of the best folding dish racks out there.
- Product dimensions 17.8 x 11.5 x 1.5 inches
- Weighs around 2.4 pounds
- The entire structure is made out of bamboo
- 14 slots for full sized large dinner plates
- A bottom rack for cups and utensils
- Made entirely out of bamboo. Thus no risk of rusting or corrosion involved.
- Bamboo has an antibacterial odor resistance, thus preventing odor from spreading and prevents odor from dishes.
- Made out of a selective breed of bamboo which is much stronger and sturdier than wood
- Has enough space for 14 plates and a number of utensils
- High raised so plates dry much quicker
- Made out of natural products so no contamination risks
- Can be folded and kept somewhere else when not in use
- Can be very easily cleaned by dish soap
- The bamboo makes it free from stains or damage from utensils.
- The natural design adds a bit of natural tone to the kitchen’s design aesthetic
- The company takes full responsibility for their product and has a 30 days free return policy
- Doesn’t have a lot of trays or racks to hold dishes separately
- The edges aren’t very deep, so plates teeter back and forth when kept in the rack.
- Doesn’t have a drip tray to collect the water droplets
Frequently asked questions and answers:
- Question: Listing includes “kitchen utensil holder” but I don’t see one in any photo, while others do include a separate holder. is description misleading?
Ans: The manufacturers only state that the product is made to hold kitchen utensils, there is no separate utensil holder over there.
- Question: would this fit inside the sink rather than having it on the counter while doing dishes?
Ans: The product dimensions are 17.8 x 11.5 x 1.5 and thus you have to take measure whether your sink is large enough for this. It might easily fit if you have a relatively larger sink.
- Is the rack varnished?
Ans: Yes, the rack is varnished. Thus it has a very natural yet professional finish. Also the varnish prevents it from staining
- Does the water from the rack fall directly on the counter?
Ans: yes it does, which can be slightly problematic. Thus, it’s advised to use a mat or a dishcloth or something similar to catch the water drops and prevent wet spots
- Question: Can I add oil to it after the mold has already started growing? how do I make it stop or can I have a replacement?
Ans: You can clean by a piece of cloth/ sponge and oil. Do wear gloves to prevent molds from affecting your hands. Also, if the condition is serious, contact the company for help.
- Does it have anything metallic in it that might create rust?
Ans: It’s completely made out of bamboo, but there is a screw at one end that might have some chances to rust, but it doesn’t get wet so it’s no issue.
As far as dish racks go, it’s not all the shiny, glossy, metallic beauty; rather it’s has a handmade, rustic, classic vibe to it. It can definitely add a lighter tone in a very cluttered kitchen. While it definitely does it’s a job right, it does make things a lot better, it’s very light, yet very sturdy and can hold the weight of a lot of heavy products. It doesn’t have a lot of small racks here and there but it definitely helps in keeping your monotone work of kitchen management easy. Completely natural and handmade thus preventing any risk of contamination, and adds a natural vibe to your kitchen. Without a doubt, one of the best folding dish racks out there.