Dish drying racks are one of the best things you can have for your kitchen. They’re fairly cheap, looks good In any decor, can fit into any kitchen design aesthetic and save you from a lot of spills and wastes. Also, you can keep other necessary things like dish drying racks, pots, and pans, utensils, etc. stop your rack to make sure there are no water spills. They save you from a dirty kitchen, water accumulating here and there to spread germs and ruining your design and looks good in the process.
However, there are so many products available out there that it’s very easy for you to spend big behind the wrong one, thus we look into the best dish drying mats around with detailed reviews to ensure that you buy the very best dish drying mat in the market.
Top 10 Best Dish Drying Mats in 2019:
- Tortuga Home Goods XXL Dish Mat Durable Silicone Dish Drying Pad With Stay Clean Scrubby
- OXO Good Grips Large Silicone Drying Mat
- All-Clad Textiles Reversible Fast-Drying Mat, 16-Inch x 28-Inch, Pewter
- The Original™ Dish Drying Mat XL Microfiber, Absorbent, Machine Washable, Fast Drying
- mDesign Kitchen Countertop Absorbent Dish Drying Mat
- XXL Dish Mat 24″ x 17″ (LARGEST MAT) Microfiber Dish Drying Mat
- S&T Microfiber Dish Drying Mat
- Envision Home 18-Inch by 24-Inch Microfiber Dish Drying Mat
- Kitchen Basics XL Microfiber Dish Drying Mat
- Norpro 18 by 16-Inch Microfiber Dish Drying Mat
1.Tortuga Home Goods XXL Dish Mat 23″ x 18″ (Largest MAT) Durable Silicone Dish Drying Pad with Stay Clean Scrubby | Anti-Bacterial, DishWasher Safe | Heat Resistant Trivet | (Grey)
Tortuga is a company that specializes in producing mats, from service mats to doormats to dish drying mats, you name it. They have everything at their disposal. They manage to make the best use of their research and provide you with something that’s absolutely worth your money
- 18″ wide to have enough space for necessary dishes.
- Extra thick sidewall
- Available in three colors (black, grey and light grey)
- Heat resistant up to 45°Celsius
- Product dimensions
- 23 x 18 x 0.2 inches dimensions with 1.25 pounds in weight
- 18″ wide with a depth of 23″ to not only for next to most kitchen sinks but also has sufficient room to fit in a dish rack along with it
- Elegant design that comes in three colors that fit in most kitchen design aesthetics perfectly.
- Heat resistant up to 450°C thus can withstand a lot of heat if kept close to the stove and burners, and also can be used to keep hot plates in the rack.
- Comes with a silicon scrub to clean dishes as well as the mar itself.
- Dishwasher friendly, very easy to clean with the cloth as well
- Very soft and pliable. Can be folded to keep in a rack when not in use.
- Money back guarantee if the product doesn’t live up to expectations
- Doesn’t have a channel to drop extra water
- Accumulates crumbs from plates
2. OXO Good Grips Large Silicone Drying Mat
OXO is a company that’s fully dedicated to kitchen appliances and perfecting the use and production of them. From kitchen mats to dish drying racks, they’re working to bring the best of everything. The good grips large silicone drying mat is everything you’d expect from a good dish drying mat, it’s useful, efficient and yet cheap. One of the best dish drying mats in the business
- Ribbed design to maximize drainage and aeration
- Dimensions 3 x 13.2 x 6.5 inches with a weight of 1.1 pounds
- Made of non-slip silicone material
- Very large in size compared to other dish racks, thus can fit a lot of pans and silverware almost as big as 12-inches. One of the best dish drying racks for its size
- Its ribbed design makes water droplets drop out of it easily, as a result, easy to keep dry.
- Very flexible so easy to roll and store, or can be kept hanging if necessary.
- Made of food-safe silicone so doesn’t leave a toxic imprint on your plates
- The bottom gets hot if hot things are kept on it, so better to not keep hot things on it.
- Might develop molds if not cleaned well
3. All-Clad Textiles Reversible Fast-Drying Mat, 16-Inch x 28-Inch, Pewter
Of all the dish drying mats present here, here’s something completely unique. John Ritzenthaler Company has partnered with All-Clad Metalcrafters LLC, a professional, premium cookware manufacturer, to develop and produce a high-quality textiles line to complement your home kitchen. These product lines include mittens, kitchen towels, dish drying racks, dish drying mats, etc. All of their products are of premium quality and will definitely last for a long time. This is one of the most premium and definitely one of the best dish drying mats.
- Made with 80% polyester and 20% polyamide
- The dual surface on either side, one of which is a polyester finish the other is a microfiber one.
- Extra thick foam to protect dishes
- Has 8 different color options.
- Made with a mixture of polyester and polyamide, ensuring the best drying and absorbance.
- The polyester mesh and extra high foam ensure the protection of your valuable dishes, particularly the valuable ones.
- Comes in 6 different, but unique color options. Thus can be used to fit in any kitchen design aesthetic one of the best dish drying racks based on its design and color options
- Has a number of folding options and can be used when folded. Thus, can fit into almost any sink size.
- Machine wash friendly, so easy to clean and dry.
- Its color might bleed so wash separately
4. The Original Dish Drying Mat XL Microfiber, Absorbent, Machine Washable, Fast Drying 18X24 DUAL SURFACE (BLACK)
Simple, functional, efficient; that’s the original dish drying mat in very simple words. This drying mat has not something very fancy or has a lot of tinkering here and there to change things drastically. It’s very normal, and that’s where it’s beneficial, it does its job perfectly right. So,It’s one of the best dish drying mats if you don’t look for a lot of fancy edges here and there, but rather its functionality is what makes it special.
- Product dimensions 18″ * 24″
- Consists of folds or hangs for easy storage
- Can take weight up to 4 times of its original weight
- Cushions delicate dishes and stemware
- ½ inch thick pad which absorbs water and cushions the plates from being damaged.
- Machine-friendly so can be washed easily
- Has attached hooks that can be used to hand the mat and also to place it in place.
- Doesn’t spill, so gives a far neater appearance
- A bit small for proper use
- Overpriced compared to other similar products
5. mdesign Kitchen Countertop Absorbent Dish Drying Mat – Pack of 2, Large, Aqua Blue/Ivory
This dish drying mat is a modern and functional rendition to an otherwise average dish drying mat. It provides a lot of functionality and this is one of the best dish drying mats of its kind. It has two usable sides each performing a separate function on its own. It’s very large and can be used in a number of ways in multiple places within the kitchen. Considering the functionality it’s definitely something worth a try.
- Made with absorbent microfiber in a 3ply design with the cushion on either side
- Reversible and both sides perform just as good
- Easily foldable and can be carried easily when not in use.
- Dishwasher and dryer safe
- The material and the 3ply design makes it very sturdy and can hold the dishes and protect them from breaking
- Contains cushions that prevent delicate glass and ceramic ware from breaking
- Sized big enough to hold a number of utensils as well as a dish drying rack. Thus, can be used Under a rack to hold the drips from spilling in the counters.
- The two sides design ensures quick absorption. One side is the mesh that drops water droplets out while the other side is made of Terry cloth which ensures quick absorbance
- Very easy to fold and hand when not in use, thus can be carried easily. Thus better to use in RVs, mobile homes, etc.
- Machine safe so easy to clean and dry.
- Slightly thinner than other products
- The Terry cloth might stop being functional after a long while.
6. XXL Dish Mat 24″ x 17″ (LARGEST MAT) Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, Super absorbent by Bellemain
French for “beautiful hand,” the Bellemain name represents the very best kitchen appliances and tools at exceptional values. Before they even begin designing a product, they research the most popular features of models already on the market, add a few innovations of our own, and bring them all together to create the ultimate in function, style and customer appeal. Bellemain is truly the best helping hand you can have in the kitchen. Their XXL Dish Mat 24″ x 17″ Super Absorbent Microfiber Dish Drying Mat is by far their best dish drying mat.
- Soft, flexible microfiber outer shell
- The dimension of 24″ x 18”
- Reversible design
- Machine washable
- Superbly stylish
- Thickest mat in the market with an enhanced drying feature
- Honeycomb weave absorbs faster and quickens drying time
- Laminate foam core resists odors
- Microfibre and foam cushions delicate dishes and stemware from chipping or cracking
- Neatly rolls up when not in use, keeping busy kitchens clutter-free.
- The mat itself takes a long time to dry.
7. STS 497401 Dish Drying Mat, White Trellis
S & T is a company that spent years to thoughtfully design their revolutionary Dish Drying Mats. These Dish Drying Mats does everything that a dish drying mat should do and more. The quality and durability of each and every one of these mats are top notches. The Dish Drying Mats have multiple uses. It can be kept under your dish drying rack or under your appliances. Their innovative, high-value, superior-quality mats have placed them as the best dish drying mats in the market.
- Has fast drying technology that enables the mat to dry down very quickly.
- The mats are crafted with durable microfiber, as a result, both sides of the mat can be used.
- It has the power duo of high-quality fiber.
- Capability to hold up to 4 times its weight in water.
- Available in a variety of colors, designs, and sizes.
- Cushions delicate dishes and stemware.
- It Can be placed under Dish drying racks or other appliances.
- Can protect countertops from scratches.
- Highly durable and machine washable.
- Very affordable.
- If proper care is not taken, it might mold.
8. Envision Home 432801 18 24-Inch Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, X-Large, Black, XL,
Envision’s parent company; Schroeder & Tremayne Inc., has been in the market for almost a 100 years, it doesn’t only build mere products for you to use, rather it focuses on making something that functions in more than just one department. Its dish drying mats are no exception to say the least. These are very well researched products that serve its purpose just about right. The microfiber dish drying rack is something that you’d find useful in every possible way. They have adopted a very unique process for their mat that involves a foam base with a microfiber ensemble that makes its design something special. It’s unique and efficient, the qualities that one of the best dish drying mats should possess.
- Can take up to 4 times its original weight in water.
- Both sides are usable, so works fine both ways
- 18″ * 24″ size to ensure enough room for all the dishes for a large family.
- Machine washable and highly durable
- Very big has enough drying space for a large number of utensils, thus holds enough space for you to dry enough family utensils without spending for a dish rack.
- If you have a dish drying rack, use it underneath to catch the drips and prevent spills on your cabinets
- Sewn-on hill corner sash for easy hanging to dry the mat easily
- Machine-friendly so cleaning is no hassle at all
- Very lightweight, only 8 ounces so very easy to carry, roll and use in tight spaces.
- Water might accumulate on top
- Might shred if used too roughly.
9. Kitchen Basics XL Microfiber Dish Drying Mat – 18″x24″ – Cream
For your glasses, stemware, hot utensils you might need something that’s more than just an average dish drying mat, you’d look for the best dish drying mat. That’s exactly what we’re bringing today, kitchen basics present the XL microfiber Dish drying rack made with just about sufficient love and care for the product, to make your life better. It’s super simple, good looking but surprisingly efficient. But to make up for it, it’s cheap. So it’s definitely a what you’d wanna invest in if you’re looking for one of the best dish drying mats that aren’t very fancy, but is very efficient
- Made out of 100% polyester and imported products
- Can absorb 4 times of its weight in water
- Reversible and both sides can be used
- Foldable for easy storage
- The microfiber polyester fabric makes gives it foam like texture without being as thick or wriggly. Thus, doesn’t occupy too much space. Also, the fabric makes water quickly drip and doesn’t accumulate on other surfaces
- Both sides of the mat can be used thus saving from the hassle of continuous cleaning
- Can be put under small stuff to protect the cabinets from scratches.
- Available in a number of colors to match your design aesthetic
- Gets moldy unless cleaned well
- The mat itself doesn’t dry quickly
10. Norpro 18 by 16-Inch Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, Gray
Norpro is a company with a vision to design, manufacture and supply the highest caliber kitchenware. Their Microfiber Dish Drying Mat is the perfect solution for every kitchen countertop. This revolutionary design can hold up to 4 times its weight in water. Microfiber Dish Drying Mat is unlike any other product in the market. It has a lot of new and exciting features which makes it truly unique.
- By combining a thin layer of foam between two high quality, extremely absorbent, durable microfiber layer it can hold up to 4 times its water weight.
- It’s unique design enable the mat to dry faster than ordinary dish towels.
- Includes a sewn in hong tub to the side of the mat.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Holds up to 4 times its weight in water.
- Dries faster than ordinary dish towel.
- It’s highly absorbent.
- Provides cushion for delicate dishes and stemware.
- Mats can be hung up to dry because of it is in build sewn in hong tub.
- Its size is perfect for every kitchen.
- Slightly overpriced compared to other products in the market.
You might think of dish racks to be something completely useless unless you’ve actually worked in the kitchen, but if you have, you know how important this is. The user of dish drying mat don’t need something extremely flamboyant that stands out. You need something that’s going to last a long while making your life better. Thus we tried to bring the best dish drying mats out there and discuss their technicalities. We’ve laid down their pros, cons, features, etc. for you to use after careful evaluation.