What we’re presenting today is the best bamboo dish rack out there. Bamboo is a fascinating product, it’s stronger than average wood. While metals might rust or corrode and wooden materials might have bacterial, fungal or insect infestations; bamboo does a better job at keeping everything proper. Thus, bamboo has made a name for itself and is giving other products a run for their money.
The purpose of a dish rack is to keep your dishes organized and dry them properly. Unless dried well, metallic products can have a hefty amount of rust from droplets of water or might get damaged from improper storing. However, if your dish rack does its job well, it’s nothing to worry about. But, metal products might cause you bit of hassle, thus we bring the best bamboo dish rack out there the Totally Bamboo “Eco Collapsible Bamboo Dish Drying Rack
Totally Bamboo is a company that specializes in bamboo made products. From cutting and serving boards to dish racks; all of their products are 100% handmade, and made out of the best quality bamboo.
Thus the Totally Bamboo “Eco Collapsible Bamboo Dish Drying Rack is something worth looking into. Manufactured by highly skilled Craftsmen, it’s made with the traditional woodworking with cutting edge engineering that serves both the design aesthetics as well as efficiency. Made out of the best kind of bamboo, it’s applied with adhesives in order to make it completely free from any sort of bacteria or infections. A large dish rack with a number of trays and ample space for all your utensils. While the company’s commitment to work with ISO 9001 companies to ensure the best possible standards make it one of the best Bamboo dish racks out there.
- Product dimensions 17-1/2″ x 19-3/4″ x 9-1/4″
- Weight- 2.25 pounds without the dishes
- Completely handmade
- Made out of natural, specially selected bamboo which is 16% harder than maple wood (commonly used for cutting boards), 33% lighter weight than oak. Yet, relatively much almost as strong as common metallic dish racks.
- Comes in two colors, one is a natural light shade of bamboo, the other is a darker shade (similar to the color of honey) made from cooking or steaming the bamboo.
- Can be folded down to 4 inches when not in use.
- Food safe, BPA and chemicals free
- Large in size with three separate layers to hold different utensils.
Pros and cons:
- Made out of completely natural material, instead of its metallic counterparts, as a result, it has no chance of growing rust or corroding
- Bamboo is much stronger than convention wood, and isn’t damaged by water, so a better choice for the kitchen.
- A natural, chemist safe FDA approved glue is used in order to assemble the product. Thus completely free from BPA and any other infection.
- The colors are either completely natural or made from cooking/ steaming the bamboo so the color wouldn’t get damaged even after years of use.
- Can be folded down to only 4 inches when not in use, thus a lot of space can be saved in the sink.
- Very easy to clean as it can be cleaned by conventional soap and/or dishwashing soap. So cleaning is no hassle at all
- Extra large in size and can hold a sufficient number of plates, glasses, pots and other utensils
- Bamboo is a kind of plant that doesn’t need to be sown, again and again, thus no trees are harmed in the production process. Also, the bamboos are grown in a special region to ensure no feed or growing areas of the great panda is harmed. Totally bamboo’s attention to nature makes it one of the best bamboo dish racks out there.
- Slightly expensive
- Assembling can be a bit problematic
- The size can turn out to be too hefty for relatively smaller sinks
- Can get moldy, unless cleaned on a regular basis.
Frequently asked questions and answers:
- Question: How would this handle holding thicker stoneware dishes like Pfaltzgraff stoneware or dishes with curvy sides like the Homer Laughlin Fiestaware?
Ans: This dish rack is not only beautiful but strong and sturdy as well. It’s one of the best bamboo dish racks out there. And the matching utensil holder (sold separately) is terrific. Much sturdier and roomier than the average flimsy bamboo rack it replaced.
- Question: Can this be used with the lower tier(s) cup/mug rack section(s) folded in the upward position to conserve space, as needed
Ans: Absolutely, it can be folded to save space whenever necessary.
- Question: where is this made?
Ans: It’s made in China although it’s distribution and storage takes place in the states.
- Question: my mugs are 5 1/2 inches tall and 4 1/2 inches wide. Will they fit on the lower rack? Will my plates that are 9 1/2 inches SQUARE fit?
Ans: The mugs will fit fine. The spaces between the slats on the drainer are almost exactly 1/2 inch wide. So your plates will fit fine if they’re sized average.
- Question: Two questions… Is the bottom rack to the left detachable? And more importantly what is the height when it is extended?
Ans: The bottom rack does not detach. The rack is 10 inches high when open
Right now, keeping in mind the current condition around, we have a bit of responsibility towards nature as well. Thus, all of our actions and purchases should look towards the greater goal of protecting the environment. Having a dish rack is very useful, but spending a bit of money to get some that are not only sturdy and strong but also doesn’t add into the world’s huge rate of pollutions, carbon footprint, and the environmental damage. Thus we suggest in investing in the best bamboo dish rack, which without a doubt is the Eco Collapsible Bamboo Dish Drying Rack from Totally Bamboo.