Your kitchen reflects your style, so we all decorate it as we like. And as for appliances, being stylish is sometimes more important than being effective. Of course, ease of use is necessary, but so is looking good. A dish rack is pretty much a compulsory appliance in every kitchen. It organizes utensils, keeps your kitchen dry, and contributes to kitchen decor. But what type of rack should you put in your kitchen?
There isn’t any one solution to the question. It depends on a lot of things: from your personal taste to the free space your kitchen has. But if you want an eco-friendly rack, and hate plastic, Bamboo racks can be a good choice. This article is for people looking to buy a bamboo rack; we compared the best products on amazon and sorted them based on their features.
Our Pick: Totally Bamboo Foldable Rack
What we’re presenting today is one of the best bamboo dish racks out there. Bamboo is a fascinating product, it’s stronger than average wood. While metals might rust or corrode and wooden materials might have bacterial, fungal, or insect infestations; bamboo does a better job at keeping everything proper. Thus, bamboo has made a name for itself and is giving other products a run for their money.
The purpose of a dish rack is to keep your dishes organized and dry them properly. Unless dried well, metallic products can have a hefty amount of rust from droplets of water or might get damaged from improper storage. However, if your dish rack does its job well, it’s nothing to worry about. But, metal products might cause you a bit of hassle, thus we bring the best bamboo dish rack out there: the Totally Bamboo Eco Collapsible Bamboo Dish Drying Rack.
Totally Bamboo is a company that specializes in bamboo-made products. From cutting and serving boards to dish racks; all of their products are 100% handmade, and made out of the best quality bamboo.
Thus the Totally Bamboo “Eco Collapsible Bamboo Dish Drying Rack is something worth looking into. Manufactured by highly skilled Craftsmen, it’s made with traditional woodworking with cutting edge engineering that serves both the design aesthetics as well as efficiency. Made out of the best kind of bamboo, it’s applied with adhesives in order to make it completely free from any sort of bacteria or infections. A large dish rack with a number of trays and ample space for all your utensils. While the company’s commitment to work with ISO 9001 companies to ensure the best possible standards make it one of the best Bamboo dish racks out there.
- Product dimensions 17.5″ x 19.7″ x 9.2″.
- Weight: 2.25 pounds without the dishes.
- Completely handmade.
- Made out of natural, specially selected bamboo which is 16% harder than maple wood (commonly used for cutting boards), 33% lighter weight than oak. Yet, relatively much almost as strong as common metallic dish racks.
- Comes in two colors, one is a natural light shade of bamboo, the other is a darker shade (similar to the color of honey) made from cooking or steaming the bamboo.
- Can be folded down to 4 inches when not in use.
- Food safe, BPA, and chemicals free.
- Large in size with three separate layers to hold different utensils.
- Made out of completely natural material, instead of its metallic counterparts, as a result, it has no chance of growing rust or corroding.
- Bamboo is much stronger than convention wood, and isn’t damaged by water, so a better choice for the kitchen.
- A natural, chemist safe FDA approved glue is used in order to assemble the product. Thus completely free from BPA and any other infection.
- The colors are either completely natural or made from cooking/ steaming the bamboo so the color wouldn’t get damaged even after years of use.
- Can be folded down to only 4 inches when not in use, thus a lot of space can be saved in the sink.
- Very easy to clean as it can be cleaned by conventional soap and/or dishwashing soap. So cleaning is no hassle at all.
- Extra-large in size and can hold a sufficient number of plates, glasses, pots, and other utensils.
- Bamboo is a kind of plant that doesn’t need to be sown, again and again, thus no trees are harmed in the production process. Also, the bamboos are grown in a special region to ensure no feed or growing areas of the great panda is harmed. Totally bamboo’s attention to nature makes it one of the best bamboo dish racks out there.
- Slightly expensive.
- Assembling can be a bit problematic.
- The size can turn out to be too hefty for relatively smaller sinks.
- Can get moldy, unless cleaned on a regular basis.
Alternative: Island Bamboo Dish Drying Rack
Once you get a bamboo dish drying rack, you may not want to go back to the world of plastics and stainless steel dish racks. So if you are familiar with bamboo dish racks, this can be a good choice.
The drying rack from Island Bamboo has a two-stage design. The rack is designed and constructed to maximize stability and durability. The rack can sustain extreme use and is very long-lasting. The main point of bamboo is the hygiene factor compared to ordinary wood (oak/maple). Bamboo is naturally anti-microbial, there is no reason to be concerned about the increase in bacterial growth.
The design of the rack is quite the same as other bamboo racks( e.g. the one from Totally Bamboo ). The two-tier rack is foldable for easy storing.
The rack is generously sized and quite massive. It can easily make space for all of your tableware, flatware, cutting boards, or serving items. It is 24 inches or two feet in length, meaning any big pans or bowls will fit easily in it.
The highest rack keeps the plates upright for quick and fast-drying, whereas the rock bottom level is for the cups or alternative serving items. The rack additionally includes a removable cutlery holder, which is comparatively larger as well.
This dish drying rack is quite large and very stable. It provides so much space for drying and holds up well for years. Island Bamboo also provides a replacement for faulty products.
- Made of bamboo that is 16 percent stronger than wood.
- Has anti-microbial properties.
- The spacious rack extends to two feet.
- Collapses flat for simple storage.
- Includes a removable portable utensil holder.
- Has a two-layer design.
- Has a strong build and is long-lasting.
- No dividers in the utensil container.
- Not very cheap.
- May not fit in a smaller kitchen.
- No drainer tray means wet countertop.
Right now, keeping in mind the current condition around, we have a bit of responsibility towards nature as well. Thus, all of our actions and purchases should look towards the greater goal of protecting the environment. Having a dish rack is very useful, but spending a bit of money to get some that are not only sturdy and strong but also don’t add to the world’s huge rate of pollutions, carbon footprint, and environmental damage. Thus we suggest investing in the best bamboo dish rack, which without a doubt is the Eco Collapsible Bamboo Dish Drying Rack from Totally Bamboo.